Birthing From Within® birthing education classes feature lively group discussions, role-plays, creative exercises and hands-on practice. Each prenatal class presents an opportunity to build the mindset of resilience and mindful presence, practices that can be used though life, long after childbirth years.
We will be exploring labor and birth from birthing mother’s, partner’s and baby’s perspective.
Similar to the other childbirth models, Birthing From Within holds that birth is neither a pathology nor a medical event. However, we go a step further by honoring that all birth is a profound Rite of Passage whether it is a natural birth, a birth with epidural and medicine or even a cesarean birth.
Birthing From Within does not hold out any one birth outcome as a symbol of “success”, it is about a journey, inquiry, preparation, doing the next best thing at any given moment and learning to build win-win relationships with the supporting birthing attendants.
Come join us for these best expansive prenatal classes in Westport, Danbury and New Haven, CT.
The following topics are offered and may be adjusted / expanded based on the specific needs of the group:
- Pain Coping Practices
- Laborland, Stages of Labor & Laborinth™
- Nutrition During Pregnancy
- The Body in Birth. Hormones in Birth
- Optimal Fetal Position, Labor Positions, Hands on Labor Support
- Cesarean Birth & VBAC Awareness
- Compassionate Use of Medicine and Epidurals
- Special Segment for Partners
- Postpartum Plan & Baby Basics
- Ten Holistic Ways to Prepare for Birth
See more at Insiders Look at Birthing From Within Classes on the Birthing From Within website.